- 2 cups or 12 ounces uncooked or frozen broccoli
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley ( or cilantro, rosemary,
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Takes . Serves 20 tots.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix throughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using a ice-cream scoop or your hands and gently press between your hands into a firm ball then shape into a tater-tot shape. It helps to wash your hands after every few tots to keep them from sticking onto your hands. Next, Place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 minutes, turning half way. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with ketchup, sriracha, ranch dressing, or your favorite dipping sauce!